Sales & Business Development Representative, Automotive
- Location, ., Michigan, United States
Trustonic is a world leader in hardware backed mobile device security, app protection and secures a range of mission critical in-vehicle systems.
Trustonic has c90 employees, with its headquarters in Cambridge, UK and offices across 7 international locations. Trustonic counts the world’s leading car manufacturers, financial institutions and mobile operators as customers, as well as every tier 1 Android handset manufacturer.
Our patented security technology is embedded in c.2 billion devices worldwide – created initially from a joint venture between ARM & Gemalto, Trustonic is now an EMK portfolio company.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the GM Automotive we are looking for a result focused individual to drive our fast-growing business. As Sales & Business Development Representative you will be responsible for supporting Trustonic’s Automotive customer base in the US, opening up new key accounts and supporting the management of existing key accounts. Additionally, the successful candidate will also be expected to develop relationships across the wider automotive ecosystem and to enhance our network of partnerships (such as Silicon Providers, device OEMs, and Tier 1’s) and delivering the Automotive Sales numbers for the US region.
The preferred location for this position is in Detroit. Travel is expected to represent a proportion of time.
The main responsibilities of the Sales & Business Development Representative role are:
- Support the management of the US Automotive sales pipeline
- Help create a strategy for winning new customers in the region
- Help to identify new customer targets
- Support the broadening of the relationships within existing customers
- Support the rest of the broader sales time in closing deals
- Provide customer and market insight to support the development of the wider automotive go-to-market strategy
- Translate market feedback into product requirements, and collect data and information to provide guidance for our strategies
- Identify strategic partner prospects and where applicable support the VP Partnerships to establish the relationships
- Work with Global team to maximize the sales opportunities
- Undergraduate degree in business or similar discipline preferred or equivalent level of skill, experience and knowledge
- Industry specific certifications a benefit
- A natural self-starter who can work effectively on their own or as part of a wider team.
- Proven hunter with a track record of breaking in to and scaling new accounts
- Strong sales and refined negotiation skills with the ability to initiate relationships, assess partnership viability, work through deal cycles and close complex deals
- Strong understanding of Security solutions in automotive space
- Utilise and follow up any internal sales leads
- Team player with strong persuasion skills able to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, small team environment
- Balance high-level strategic thinking with hands-on tactical work to get things done quickly
- Excellent triage ability with the ability to prioritize projects and work
- Entrepreneurial with an inherent sense of urgency; not afraid to take risks and get things done quickly while maintaining high standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to speak effectively to any audience
- Good oral and written communication and reporting skills
- Strong understanding of the Automotive market
- Existing contacts in Automotive market at OEMs and Tier 1s.
- An understanding of automotive software platforms
- Preferred experience in Mobile, OEMs, and/or Automotive Service providers
- Preferred experience in Security products
- Demonstrable Sales / sales support experience at a Technology company
- Customer and business oriented
- Rigorous in following through sales to conclusion
- Good creative intelligence (design and conceptualization)
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done (including travel)
- Tenacious with a problem-solving approach
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous
- Good relationship with team and clients