Veterinary Sales Associate - Fresno/Modesto, CA - Part Time (P&C Licensed Agents Wanted!)
- Department: Veterinary Sales Associates
Trupanion is seeking experienced, pet passionate people to be Territory Partner Associates throughout the United States!
This is a field sales position, which will require you to work within the veterinary hospital setting, developing relationships with clinics to understand the value of educating clients on the importance of having medical insurance for their dogs and cats and why Trupanion is the market leader.
- Are you a currently licensed P&C agent in the state of California?
- Do you love animals and believe they deserve high-quality medical care?
- Do you enjoy educating people about things you believe in?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Are you able to work independently?
This position involves physically visiting animal hospitals (Fresno to Modesto) and educating hospital teams about the importance of medical insurance for dogs and cats, specifically Trupanion. (We will provide training.) Though an insurance license is formally required (below), this position does NOT involve enrolling individual pets as that is done directly by Trupanion’s Seattle team over the phone or online. Most visits (15-30 mins.) are one-on-one meetings with hospital managers/front desk staff to share recent Trupanion activity and help make sure they understand Trupanion’s 30-day offer, claims portal, and programs. Hospital visits need to occur consistently every 30-60 days.
There’s a training requirement to make approx. 1-hour presentations (w/ Q&A) to entire hospital teams as needed. (We will provide the presentation.) There is also an ongoing need to provide one-on-one or small group hospital team trainings (30-60 mins.) demonstrating how to use Trupanion’s easy-to-use portal. This person will need to research, resolve and quickly respond to questions and concerns as they arise from time to time with help from us and other Trupanion team members as needed. In addition, telephone and email appointment setting are also required.
With guidance from us, there is a requirement to develop and complete a call route that optimizes the above.
This position is contingent upon having a current CA Property and Casualty license which is required by the CA Department of Insurance.
Completion of an informative and fun 1-week online training about Trupanion and its leading-edge role in the veterinary profession will also be required of the successful candidate.
- A serious passion for pets, with a strong belief in Trupanion’s mission to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care which they deserve
- Goal-oriented self-starter able to work independently
- Relationship-building skills—build and maintain relationships with veterinary clinics, hospitals, and veterinary staff
- Knowledge of the animal health industry and day-to-day operations of veterinary hospitals
- Understanding of the value of medical insurance for pets including the Trupanion product (We will provide this.)
- Excellent work ethic, follow-up ability, and listening/verbal/written communication skills
- Willingness to learn how to use Trupanion’s Microsoft’s CRM and routing tools
- The drive to help others and make a difference
- Enthusiasm for this position
- Be fully vaccinated
- A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity
- Dependent on experience
- Bonus opportunities available for exemplary effort
- Employment in a veterinary hospital or animal health sales - 3 years of experience is preferred
- Basic competency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Driver's License (Required)
- CA Property and Casualty insurance license (Required)
- PT (Monday - Friday) during hospital hours
- Occasional weekend events
- Work Location—primarily on the road visiting veterinary hospitals
- Must be able to lift boxes of brochures and other materials.