Veterinary Sales Associate - Northern Virginia and DC
- Department: Veterinary Sales Associates
Trupanion is seeking experienced, pet passionate people to be Territory Partner Associates throughout the United States!
This is a field sales position, which will require you to work within the veterinary hospital setting, developing relationships with clinics to understand the value of educating clients on the importance of having medical insurance for their dogs and cats and why Trupanion is the market leader.
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in Northern Virginia and DC!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with full time commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an uncapped commission structure where earning potential goes up year over year.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state, or province, of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state, or provincial, background check that investigates a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be vaccinated.
- Thorough understanding of the Trupanion Veterinary Portal and experience submitting pet insurance claims a plus
- Thorough understanding of various practice management software systems a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (Preferred 2+ years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Reliable internet connection to maintain virtual hospital connections when necessary
- Must live in the Northern Virginia area and be willing to be on the road to visit hospitals in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License in order to be employed
- This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be vaccinated
- 2-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
Learn more about how Trupanion has revolutionized our industry and the reimbursement model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about