Senior Mean Stack Developer/ Team Lead
- 520 Huntmar Park Dr, Herndon, VA 20170, USA
True Tandem is a Microsoft Certified Partner that specializes in the rapid deployment and adoption of Microsoft technologies and solutions. We serve clients in both the commercial and federal markets and we have built a prestigious client base through our devotion to delivering high quality solutions.
TrueTandem is currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to support one of our digital media clients in McLean, VA. Candidates must be organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task between development jobs. We are looking for a team-player that has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As Team Lead, you will manage the successful delivery of projects that will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with the client's Project Managers, coordinating business analysts, architects and developers, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders as required.
Our client's platform is a polyglot environment utilizing a number of technologies:
- Data: REST API's interacting with Couchbase, Solr, RabbitMQ
- CI: Jenkins and Team City
We use GitHub for source control with a GitHub Flow code review and merge protocol. We aim for a comprehensive unit and integration test coverage (using Mocha), and follow Agile process methods, with defined sprints.
As a Senior Developer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, and coordinate the development of a world-class content management system and downstream APIs including hands on implementation, testing, review, and documentation
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process
- Troubleshoot operational issues as required
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
- Consistently follow and continue to help improve our processes including source
- control, deployment and issue tracking
- Document solutions to institutionalize knowledge for the development, operational,
- support, and end user communities
A Senior Developer is expected to work effectively as an autonomous member of our team. As such we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years web development and integration experience
- APIs, NoSQL Databases, Messaging Queue Systems
- Demonstrated professional development experience developing and consuming APIs
- and web services
- Experience with data driven systems with a solid understanding of database structures,
- queries and search
- Experience debugging and analyzing issues in a complex, service orientated environment
- Practical knowledge of software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree expected in a technical discipline, but compensating experience may be considered.
We'd be delighted if you also had experience with any of the following:
- JIRA and Confluence
- CQRS Architecture
- Build automation
- Automated test tools
- Developing and deploying applications hosted in AWS or similar cloud environments
- Working with and developing for media related web sites
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.