Prep Cook - UTC
- 4303 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
At True Food Kitchen, we are purveyors of nourishment for the wellness-aware. We believe that living well isn’t just about eating the right food, but about sharing it with the right people. At our restaurants, guests are presented with the opportunity to enjoy meals without compromise. True Food Kitchen is more than a restaurant. It’s a way of life. Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
It is the prep cook’s primary responsibility to prepare the highest quality food consistently and efficiently. The prep cook plays an integral part in the financial success of the restaurant. It is the prep cook’s responsibility to accurately and efficiently prepare and portion food products prior to service. The prep cook will also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items as necessary.
- Prepare menu ingredients following a recipe to produce consistent results
- Complete prep list, maintain station throughout shift, follow all specifications, and stock items as needed
- Rinse and cuts raw food products
- Portion products and follow recipes to ensure plate presentation looks great
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, sautéing or other cooking methods based off recipe requirements
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly
- Follows sanitization standards, ensuring work station stays clean and organized, and follows all food handling standards
- Preferably 1 – 2 years experience in kitchen preparation
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment while standing (up to 8 hours) for long periods of time
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work on holidays, nights and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.