Bartender - UTC
- 4303 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
As the direct link between the guest and the restaurant, the bartender plays a leading role in developing positive, lasting guest relationships by consistently delivering an excellent bar experience in our restaurants. It is the bartender’s responsibility to know the drinks/ingredients, restaurant menus inside and out, play an integral part in the financial results of the position, contribute to running side-work, and be self-motivated.
- Welcome/greet/thank guests and know regulars by name, their preferences and needs
- Be knowledgeable on wine, beer, liquor, ingredients of common/specialty cocktails and juices/natural refreshers
- Know and inform guests about specialty beverages/juices and answer questions about our health-conscious menu
- Deliver beverage orders according to TFK standards
- Maintain and follow financial procedures
- Follow all local/national alcoholic beverage laws, policies and regulations
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times inclusive of glassware, reach-in coolers and bar area fixtures
- Continuously watch for signs of intoxication for the protection and enjoyment of all guests
- Perform and document physical inventory counts at direction of management
- Understands and follows proper rules of hygiene and food safety measures
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol
- 2 years’ experience bartending in a high-volume restaurant
- Knowledgeable and understand of all local/national alcoholic beverage laws, policies and regulations
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and possess basic math skills, be fiscally responsible and operate a point-of-sale system
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment and in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Attention to detail, well organized and a desire to serve guests and enjoy working as part of a team
- Must be able to bend, stoop squat and safely lift and easily maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.