Line Cook - UTC
- 4303 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
The line cook’s primary responsibility to prepare and cook the highest quality food consistently and efficiently to TFK recipes and standards, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. The line cook will also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked and non-cooked items. The line cook plays an integral part in the financial success of the restaurant.
- Prepare and cook a variety of meats, seafood, poultry and vegetables using a variety of kitchen equipment and techniques
- Assume 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Know and comply consistently with portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station and corresponding equipment
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handle, store, and rotate all products properly
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Opens and closes the kitchen properly, assists others and follows checklists for kitchen stations
- Understands and follows proper rules of hygiene and food safety measures
- Participate in proactive communication to help avoid and solve operational, HR, and financial issues
- Flexible during shift to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking; preferably at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity in a high-volume restaurant
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment and stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis
- Must be able to work on nights, holidays and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.