Pastry Cook/Baker - Palo Alto
- 180 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
It is the pastry cook/baker’s primary responsibility to receive and prepare the highest quality food consistently and efficiently. The pastry cook/baker will also play an integral role in the storage, product rotation, inventory and waste management of product in the facility.
- Prepare and produce all pastry/dessert items following the TFK recipe to ensure consistent results
- Complete prep list in the allotted amount of time
- Efficiently run station to TFK standards during the shift while following all specs, and stocking food items as needed
- Portion control, recipe adherence and plate presentation are as per TFK standards
- Follow sanitization standards, work station stays clean and organized and all food handling standards are within compliance
- Follow safety procedures to TFK standards
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking; at least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment while standing for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis
- Must be able to work on nights, holidays and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.