Takeout Specialist - Palo Alto
- 180 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
As the direct link between the guest and the restaurant a take-out specialist plays the leading role in developing positive, lasting guest relationships by consistently delivering an excellent take out experience every time. The take-out specialist’s primary responsibility is guest satisfaction above all else. They must know the menus inside and out, play an integral part in the financial results of the position, utilize and understand third party delivery services, contribute to running side-work, and be self-motivated.
- Takes orders over phone and in person
- Uses point of sale system to ring in orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures order accuracy every time
- Ensures payment is received and accurate
- Adherence of cash handling policies
- Stocking and cleaning to-go station
- Organize and label orders accurately and efficiently
- Utilize and understand third party delivery services
- Prior restaurant experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Must have a desire to serve guests and enjoy working as part of a team
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to safely lift and easily maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must follow safety procedures closely
- Must be able to work on holidays and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.