Back Server - Palo Alto
- 180 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Working at True Food Kitchen is unlike anything else you’ve experienced before. Since our menu is a journey into a new way of eating, those who prepare, present and serve the food are key to telling our story. Our family of chefs, managers, cooks, servers, bartenders, hosts, dishwashers and more are the key ingredients to our growth and success. Join our growing team and we’ll show you how passionate we are about making your career goals come TRUE.
The Back Server is the liaison between the greeter and the dining room and making sure the dining room is always perfect. The back-server’s priority is to ensure all tables are cleared and reset prior to the start of service and after guests leave. They assist servers and bartenders by refilling water and tea as needed; removing used tableware between courses, maintain overall cleanliness of bar area and helping dishwashers by removing clean dishes from the dish station and stocking them in appropriate areas.
- Make sure the dining room is to TFK standards by ensuring the dining room is set prior to start of service and clearing and resetting tables after guests leave
- Assist the servers and bartenders by providing refills on water and iced tea as needed and removing used table ware between courses
- Check floor/bar/restrooms and clean as needed
- Assist dishwashers by removing clean dishes from the dish station and re-stock the line and put away in appropriate areas
- Ensure all spills are cleaned up safely and quickly with as little disturbance to the guest as possible
- Assist with food delivery, remark as needed, especially with large parties and during peak periods
- Thank guests when leaving and inquire about their experience
- Respond sincerely and appropriately to guest requests and communicate if necessary
- Flexibility during the shift to help ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant
- Understands and follows proper rules of hygiene and food safety measures
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a high-volume restaurant preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Attention to detail, well organized and a desire to serve guests and enjoy working as part of a team
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, loud environment and be able to walk or in a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Must be able to bend, stoop squat and safely lift and easily maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and/or weekends
We have a successful and professional work environment with opportunities for growth and a development program to get you to that next position in your career.
- 35% restaurant discount
- Plenty of hourly team members to easily switch shifts with
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities to rapidly grow your career
- Casual and fun work environment
We'd love to meet you in person.