Body Shop Technician
For over 50 years, three generations have led Truck Centers, Inc. from a single store dealership into our current network of ten, full-service dealerships and two auxiliary locations proudly representing Freightliner and Western Star trucks in Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri. Our team has remained dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service in an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and a communal spirit of giving back. To learn more about us, visit truckcentersinc.com.
Truck Centers, Inc. is continually growing, and that means we have an ongoing need for Body Shop Technicians of varying experience to join our team. Body Shop Techs will have proven mechanical aptitude, experience in a variety of fiberglass and metal repairs, fabrication, and welding along with time management skills to perform work independently and as part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 401(k) with company match
- Health insurance with 3 plan options to choose from, Vision Insurance, and Dental Insurance
- Paid time off including paid volunteer time
- Disability insurance
- FSA and HSA options
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Maternity leave
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Company paid uniforms
- Company paid boot allowance
- OEM and vendor certification training at no cost through our state-of-the-art Training Center at our Troy & South Bend campuses to maintain your certifications and obtain new ones
- Tool insurance at no cost
- Company-supplied specialty tooling
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Review each repair order (RO) and estimator’s notes to understand the repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
- Perform vehicle teardown, repairs of all types, welding, and painting as instructed.
- Identify parts necessary for repair completion and work in conjunction with Parts department to reduce downtime.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of heavy-duty operating systems and OEM technical repair processes.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe workspace according to company and Elite Support guidelines.
What We're Looking For:
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License with ability to meet insurance requirements is required
- Class A CDL with air brake endorsement is highly preferred
- 2+ years of collision repair, fabrication, painting, and welding is required to repair both fiberglass and metal parts; heavy-duty repair experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated strong personal conviction of producing quality work
- Proven technical skills and the ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 110 lbs. without assistance
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We believe in the Hire to Retire philosophy and invest in individuals that we believe will be valuable assets to TCI and our customers for years to come. Thus, we want to help you live well through personal and professional growth plus a multitude of benefits. In additional to multiple comprehensive healthcare packages including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, we offer a flexible spending accounts for healthcare costs or dependent care, company paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, AD&D coverage, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, health and wellness incentive programs, training and career development opportunities, alternative work arrangements, volunteer time off, tiered PTO system, service awards, competitive salary, uniforms, technician tool insurance, and a family-first, team environment.