- 1101 W Sample St, South Bend, IN 46619, USA
Truck Centers Inc., based in Troy, IL, is a family-owned dealer group providing a full array of products and service to the heavy truck industry including truck sales, parts, service, body shop and training. Strong relationships with our customers, manufacturers and suppliers form the foundation upon which we’ve built the premier organization and recognized industry leader that we are today.
Founded in 1970, Truck Centers, Inc. was one of the first heavy truck dealers to receive a Freightliner franchise in 1977. We’ve come a long way since then. Over our 45 years in business, we have grown from $1 Million to over $250 Million in annual sales and $12 Million in stocked parts inventory.
Our network now consists of ten full-service dealerships, two satellite locations and two on-site customer parts facilities in the St. Louis metro area, throughout Illinois, and in northern and southern Indiana proudly representing Freightliner, Western Star, Ottawa, Fuso, Sprinter and Detroit performance products. The TCI team has grown from 15 employees to a team that is 630 strong and dedicated to our core values of premier customer care and quality service.
We are proud to be part of the first tier of Freightliner dealers to receive “Elite Support” validation and boast industry-best hours of operation including extensive evening and weekend hours plus 24/7 parts and service at our flagship location in Troy, IL. Truck Centers, Inc. stocks a wide array of new and used trucks for various highway and vocational applications with a team of award-winning brand experts to help customers identify the right truck for their needs. We have 150 full-certified service technicians providing efficient service in 131 modern service bays that include features such as “2 Hour Express Assessment” and “Quick Lube” fast tracks to reduce costly downtime. We also have three full-service, on-site body shops consisting of 58 bays that are staffed by 28 skilled repair technicians and our team of 70 parts specialists maintain $12 Million in stocked inventory that consists of over 25,594 unique truck part and accessory product numbers.
The Truck Centers’ team is fully committed to excellence and superior customer service. We are pleased to offer unique services for our patrons including state-of-the-art facilities and driver lounges; parts delivery services; access to training seminars at our on-site, nationally-recognized Training Center; the availability of 24/7 road service and towing; and truck pickup/delivery service for units scheduled for service work.
Functions as a skilled technician who is able to perform diagnosis and repair in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair. Tasks may include diagnosis of malfunction, performance of repairs, and road test vehicles.
Performs vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of malfunctions on vehicles and performs repairs as authorized.
- Communicates with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts and ensures parts received are listed on the repair order.
- Examines vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required and advises the Service Foreman if additional work is needed or if outlined work is not needed.
- If repair is under warranty or if requested by the customer, tag, save and turn in parts.
- Performs warranty parts replacement and documents work performed.
- Road tests vehicles to ensure repair has addressed the customer’s complaint.
- Quality check work performed.
- Attends factory-sponsored training classes and keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins and product update changes.
- Maintains company vehicles and tools.
- Cleans shop area continually as jobs are completed and empties trash barrels.
- Ensures that customer vehicles are kept clean.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations governing service repair work.
- Follows all safety rules to avoid injuries to self and others; reports conditions which are unsafe to resolve safety problems.
- Employees must have their own tools.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with medium and heavy trucks preferred
- Personal commitment to consistent, quality work
- Entry level candidates will be considered if they have attended and completed a diesel tech school program.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, insurance representatives and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
CDL - minimum of a Class B with air brake endorsement or be willing and able to obtain within 6 months of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (including heat, cold and humidity), moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Truck Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
We help you live well with a comprehensive health care package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug plans. We offer a flexible spending account, company paid Life and AD&D plus voluntary life insurance and disability insurance as well as company match 401(K) retirement savings plan, competitive salary and holiday and vacation pay.
Qualified applicants can submit their resume with salary information to Human Resources via FAX (618) 667-4680 or complete an online application at www.truckcentersinc.com/apply