Software Architect - Front-End Architecture
- 450 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with all the top vacation rental sites in the world (AirBnB, VRBO, HomeAway, Booking.com, etc) to offer nearly 12 million vacation properties in over 150,000 destinations worldwide. We’re venture-backed, growing FAST, and having fun making noise in a $100B market.
What we're looking for:
Tripping.com is looking for a Senior Front End Architect to help us further improve our platform. We are looking for an Architect working as an individual contributor to help architect our front end architecture to improve the development workflow, create proper separation of concerns and abstractions to optimize development while keeping the site fast. In addition we'll be looking for you to help mentor engineers who work on the front end of our architecture. Our engineers are talented, driven and humble people who love what they do, are intellectually curious, are always looking to grow, and enjoy having fun along the way. Tripping.com is a tech-focused startup, so you will have the freedom to try new things and influence the design and technical direction of the site.
- 7+ years of related work experience
- You understand how front end architectures can be optimized to improve developer productivity while properly separating concerns.
- Expertise in JS and CSS – we write in ES6, use babel to transpile down to ES5, and use SCSS as our CSS Preprocessor
- Strong knowledge of modern MVC frameworks, and the libraries and tooling surrounding them. Rails, Elixir and React preferred.
- Experience and deep understanding of modern development standards, HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A desire to write great, clean, secure code and always striving to implement features in the best way possible. You’ve thought ahead about what’s to come, thought of all the edge cases, and have proved that with tests. RSpec and Jasmine preferred
- An obsession with new technologies and trends – we don’t mind testing new tech out where it makes sense for our products!
- A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
Our core stack:
- Ruby on Rails, as our web application framework
- React, built on a custom front end framework following the flux architecture
- Erlang/Elixir, which our real time API has been built in
- Elasticsearch, pulling from RDBMS and NoSQL data stores
- MySQL and Redis, to store our data
What you need to excel:
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, & a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Great culture (we’re a tight team)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by all public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Annual Tripping Travel Credit!
- Generous benefits package (medical, dental, and vision)
- Local gym discount