Senior Front End Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Tripping.com is the world’s largest vacation home and short-term rental search engine (with more than 10 million listings and over 150,000 destinations worldwide). We’re venture-backed and recently raised $35 Million in Series C Funding so we can continue to drive our rapid growth. We care about our people and we're having fun playing in a $100B market.
Tripping.com is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to help us further improve our platform. Our engineers are talented, driven and humble people who love what they do, are intellectually curious, are
always looking to grow, and enjoy having fun along the way. Tripping.com is a tech-focused startup, so you will have the freedom to try new things and influence the design and technical direction of the site.
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Expertise in JS and CSS – we write in ES6, use babel to transpile down to ES5, and use SCSS as our CSS Preprocessor
- Strong knowledge of modern MVC frameworks, and the libraries and tooling surrounding them. Rails and React preferred.
- Experience and deep understanding of modern development standards, HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A desire to write great, clean, secure code and always striving to implement features in the best way possible. You’ve thought ahead about what’s to come, thought of all the edge cases, and have proved that with tests in RSpec and Jasmine.
- An obsession with new technologies and trends – we don’t mind testing new tech out where it makes sense for our products!
- A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
Our core stack:
- Ruby on Rails, as our web application framework
- React, built on a custom front end framework following the flux architecture
- Erlang, which our real time API has been built in
- Elasticsearch, pulling from RDBMS and NoSQL data stores
- MySQL and Redis, to store our data
What you need to excel:
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, & a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Top health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)