Senior Front-End Web Developer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
TripArc’s group of applications powers top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators across North America and our expansive and growing network of suppliers enables our clients seamless real time access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million worth of transactions managed through our platform annually - all at the industry’s best rates for travelers and rates of return for travel advisors and tour operators.
Our industry leading platforms address the current challenges the travel industry is facing offering solutions in technology, purchasing, finance and marketing. We deliver solutions to travel industry professionals based on our deep experience with leading brands in the luxury travel space. Our real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today is what sets us apart. We are the travel industry experts..
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our distribution network of over 1400 travel entities and our network of suppliers and agents more profitable, efficient and help them currate unique travel for their clients. The travel industry was impacted by the pandemic, but as leaders in the industry, our turnaround has been significant and is gaining momentum. With the pent-up demand we are already seeing, we are here to help our clients make the most of it.
Our Digital Team builds and maintains our customer facing websites and the administrative tools for our clients with the latest tools and frameworks (Angular) that optimize performance and development efficiency. We're looking for a top-notch Sr. Front-End Developer who combines the art of design with the art of programming to help bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation and play an active role on both sides of the conversation defining how sites look as well as how they work.
You'll translate UI/UX design wireframes into performant working code that produces the visual elements of our sites and help with our ongoing migration to Angular 12. On top of building out new sites to meet the needs of our changing business this person will help us with the process of abstracting our code and improving reusability as we continue building out the component libraries we need to scale, expand our work across other platforms and add new "in trip" products for travelers in the future.
We’re an Agile shop that prioritizes work based on the value it brings to our clients. During each two week sprint, our developers plan, write, test, integrate and bug fix while collaborating on teams with skilled Business Analyst, UX and product resources, which are dedicated to the team. We hire problem solvers, not technicians and look for self-motivated individuals with diverse backgrounds able to use the best tool for the job, contribute new ideas, and help bring them to life.
- Assist in evaluating new functionality requests on a value scale for the business
- Scope, develop, test, deliver complex, scalable front end components and user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure technical feasibility and SEO optimization of UI/UX designs
- Optimize our applications for speed, scalability and responsiveness across desktop and mobile
- Assure all user input is validated before it's submitted to the back-end
- Ensure work is delivered on schedule and keep stakeholders informed of the project’s progress.
- Explore and recommend current trends, techniques and technologies that could have a positive impact on your work
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or multi-year college program
- 5+ years’ of development experience with the Microsoft .NET/ technology stack
- 3+ years’ experience building complex, performance sensitive SPA's with Angular 7+
- Practical experience with Nodejs and Typescript
- Ability to translate UX mock-ups into responsive interfaces that work seamlessly across desktop, mobile and tablet including using flexible/fluid grids and imagery
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of cloud hosted image services such as Cloudinary for dynamic image manipulation
- Deep understand of component-based design
- Practical understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / GitHub
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to ensure applications adhere to them
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum practices
- Experience with storybook.io would be a bonus
Cultural Fit – people like working here if they:
- Thrive working in a KPI driven organization.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Learn from what’s working and not working.
- Build trust and work maturely through conflict both upwards and downward.
We know our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.