- Toronto, ON, Canada
As part of an over $700M Canadian-owned company, TripArc is a travel technology solutions company, headquartered in downtown Toronto, Ontario. The company has 13 offices across 3 countries - Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. TripArc Central Services spans HR, finance, IT and marketing, providing the support services backbone to our business lines in the luxury leisure, corporate, and tours verticals.
Cutting‐edge technology is a key focus at TripArc and a driver of growth. In 2016 TripArc launched ADX ‐ an in house developed state‐of‐the‐art booking platform that will substantially increase an agent’s efficiency and profitability. Built for travel agents, ADX’s seamless and intuitive booking environment is a game‐changing addition to an agent’s toolbox.
We are looking for a talented and resourceful person who can bring their drive and positive energy to our team. In this role, your core mandate will be to support the development team initiatives working closely with the developers to build, test, and maintain the infrastructure and tools that supports their projects.
Do you have experience in DevOps tools and technology? Can you provide insight and recommendations based on industry and technology trends? Do you have a big-picture perspective that encompasses software development, infrastructure, and operations? Do you have deep technical expertise in the areas of virtualization, complex IP networks, systems architecture, and configuration? If you answered yes, this is the opportunity for you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Building and maintaining DevOps capabilities to support product development
- Initiating and participating in development and automation projects
- Support the deployment and release cycles of software
- Automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing, and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates
- Platform and data center infrastructure management
- Act as the subject matter expert in the following domains:
- Networks and systems design
- Provisioning and configuration based on following technologies:
- Citrix VDI
- VMWare ESX virtualization and Nutanix
- Full stack FortiNet
- Microsoft 365, Azure AD
- Will remain current on emerging security concerns and establish process to manage critical patches, circulate advisories, and advocate and train on proper security practices
- Need to stay current with industry developments in the IT field and surface these developments where they have value to the efficient execution of company business or TripArc strategy
- Management of web servers, SSL certificates, DNS and domain configurations, Microsoft Windows Server/IIS
- Implementing, maintaining, and improving application/system monitoring to help identify and improve key performance metrics
- Supporting and managing project application environments
- Creating, maintaining, and updating documentation for projects, applications, and networks
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 to 10 years of relevant IT experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in software development and systems administration in a DevOps environment
- Ability to design, deploy, configure, and manage network services in a Windows environment including Web (IIS/.Net), Web Services, o365, Azure AD
- Experience with system integration including API, cloud and SaaS driven solutions
- Experience with VMWare and Nutanix server virtualization (build and tuning)
- Experience with managing web, database and application server farms and n+1 architectures
- Knowledge of security fundamentals and governance
- Significant experience with hybrid, private and public cloud setups
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, CI/CD tools and Agile development practices
- Experience with Kubernetes/Kafka/Docker
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management tools to assist with infrastructure and application automation
- Familiarity with Scrum Framework
- Familiarity with Agile Software Deployment
- Certified Azure Administrator or DevOps Solutions
- Willing and able to adapt to changing environment, operating at times on the edge of acceptable risk
- Deep attention to detail without losing focus of the bigger picture
- Must prioritize work effectively and pursue issues through to successful resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resourcefulness in troubleshooting and researching solutions independently
- Takes ownership, seeing assignments through to completion, ensures stakeholders are kept informed
- Will maintain the highest level of fiduciary trust and ethical behavior in executing corporate business
- Commitment to ongoing enhancement of technical and soft skills.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What TripArc offers:
- Uncapped competitive earning potential
- Supportive team environment
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities
- Company match RRSP program
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Health and Wellness subsidy
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Agent incentives
- Advancement opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from the TripArc Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.