IT Administrator - Co-op Student
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge –TripArc has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc's goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
Under the direction of the Director, IT Infrastructure, this position is responsible for the support of different IT systems including productivity suite systems supporting all stakeholders across the business. The role will also include contributions to supporting users on our proprietary in-house sales platforms, ADX and TMT. This is a Great opportunity for on-the-job training and exposure to leading virtualization, cloud service delivery and hyper-converged platforms as well as exposure to industry leading software platform development in the Travel & Tourism vertical.
This position will be associated with the TripArc corporate headquarters in downtown Toronto, but candidates may currently be remote due to COVID-19.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below.
- Provide Level 1 Support for productivity software including Office 365; Mitel Telephony Systems; and Citrix
- Provide Level 1 Support for our proprietary booking platforms ADX and TMT
- Contribute to the Onboarding of new employees and clients to the above platforms
- Provide support and troubleshooting, such as password resets; productivity suite configuration; break/fix instructions, local software installs
- Involvement with our Citrix provisioning systems, and related configuration management
- Any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values
- Currently pursuing or recently completed an Information Technology (Degree /Diploma)
- Motivated resource who strives to deliver, and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with new and existing team members, cordial interaction and appropriate sharing of responsibility are critical assets.
- Will maintain the highest level of fiduciary trust and ethical behavior in executing corporate business
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI driven organization
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from the TripArc Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.
TripArc is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.