Assistant Lead Travel Designer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge is a category leader thanks to world-class technology and outstanding people who are driving impressive growth and annual revenue now totalling $750 million through our Leisure and Corporate offering. Founded in 2011, the company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel.
Our newly formed Retail division, with its headquarters in Toronto, has its sights firmly on leveraging our proud history and is set on being North America’s premium, relationship focused travel retailer. In our Retail operation, our people are aptly named Travel Designers. Our Designers work closely with each customer in the vision and assembly of each trip performing far more than consult or advise. Our Designers take pride in delivering exceptional experiences to their customers before, during and after each trip with no detail overlooked.
Travel Edge is very optimistic about the future and is well positioned as a market leader in leisure travel. The successful candidate will work closely with the Retail Leadership team to strategize and establish the path forward. Upon launching our retail network they will support a team of advisors in their local market. Ultimately responsible for the customer experience, they will grow and nurture a customer base attached to their team. The ideal candidate will have strong travel experience, contacts and an ability to understand and speak to the world of the luxury travel. You are a results-oriented leader who is highly entrepreneurial, data driven and creative
- Assist with managing direct team operations and oversee the complete customer and events experience.
- Uphold the Travel Edge luxury standard of service and experience throughout all interactions.
- Leveraging your travel experience and skills as a strong communicator, you excel at identifying staff and customer needs and mapping our solutions to individual requirements.
- Develop and maintain customer leads both in store and through direct team.
- Act as an ambassador for Travel Edge, building relationships with customers, suppliers and growing your professional network.
- Support development and training of immediate team.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to enhance our strengths and improve our value proposition where there is opportunity.
- Fully engage with Travel Edge proprietary booking platform (ADX) to understand and articulate its advantages and share advisor insight/feedback with the development team.
- Support a seamless onboarding process by understanding transition requirements and managing workflow.
- Minimum five years of progressive work experience within the retail travel industry or has progressive travel industry experience with a history of proven business success.
- Excellent communication skills and persuasive skills with proven ability to influence customers and your sales team.
- Embraces challenge and has the desire to be a part of a fast-growing company where the only constant is change.
- Research, recommend, and fulfill on customer requirements for air travel, car, hotel, transportation, cruises, tour packages, dining, various events tickets, and more.
- Naturally curious with a strong determination to work around obstacles.
- Takes ownership, initiative and is self-directed.
- Consultative selling and client relationship development experience, with proven success.
- Collaborative and confident with sound judgment.
- Has a straightforward style and can quickly generate trust with a variety of stakeholders.
- Unquestionable integrity, high energy, and a sense of urgency.
- A results-driven and forward-looking perspective. Holds self and others accountable.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as required.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from the TripArc Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.