Air Travel Consultant
- Toronto, ON, Canada
North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge is a category leader thanks to world-class technology and outstanding people who are driving impressive growth and annual revenue now totalling $750 million through our Leisure and Corporate offering. Founded in 2011, the company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel.
The Air Travel Consultant work closely with Kensington Tours’ sales team to facilitate all aspects of air travel for the Company’s clients. Kensington Tours is a multi-award-winning premium and luxury tour operator offering tailor-made, private guided experiences to the world’s most extraordinary destinations. This role will be responsible for coordinating complex international air itineraries utilizing the company’s preferred airline suppliers to present the best air itineraries. With the goal of increasing sales conversion for Kensington Tours land programs or on air only requests, there will be the need to deal directly with the client or the client’s
- Build air itineraries (primarily for US-based customers) and pricing options via the company’s proprietary booking platform and coordinate the clients land/tour booking to provide them a seamless travel experience.
- Manipulate complex international itineraries for the purpose of best pricing options utilizing published and net fare pricing options while taking commission opportunities and preferred supplier strategy into consideration.
- Work directly with Kensington Tours’ customers (travelers) and/or their travel advisors
- Achieve monthly sales goals for air sales
- Process ticket requests and manage all schedule changes submitted by the airlines ensuring there is no disruption to the client’s tour itinerary.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of company’s airline contracts with preferred suppliers to ensure best utilization opportunities.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to resolve any issues that surface with customers air travel arrangements.
- Stay fully informed and up to date on all airline rules and regulations and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information to all airline reservations offered as well as communicating any relevant information to the client.
- 2+ years of travel sales experience
- 2+ years Sabre GDS experience
- Demonstrated experience with Air Sales and a familiarity with airline contracts, refunds, exchanges, consolidators, international airline commission and net fare agreements
- Excellent knowledge of international airfare routings and worldwide geography
- Experience with US originating air itineraries, ticketing and fare rules preferred
- Motivated to achieve sales targets and other Key Performance Indicators
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think independently & escalate issues as needed
- The ability to multi-task and be organized in a fast-paced environment
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will receive communications from TripArc Talent Acquisition team, our exclusive recruitment partner.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.