Regional Procurement Manager - Travel Contracting Europe (Contract)
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge –TripArc has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc's goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
Reporting to the Vice President of Procurement, the Regional Procurement Manager, Europe role is responsible for executing the procurement strategy for the European continent while negotiating and procuring contracts, services and block space agreements that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company. They will also be responsible for building and maintaining strategic relationships with a portfolio of key suppliers and vendors, including hotels, transport companies, cruise providers and airlines around the world. This key position will also work closely with the Vice President, Procurement to oversee the day-to-day operations of the department and cross-functional teams on procurement initiatives. This is a contract position that has the potential to grow into a full-time role.
- Negotiate global hotel and services contracts and maintain contract files. Negotiate cost savings, cost avoidance, contracting of room blocks and other value-adds consistent with business targets.
- Ensure all suppliers meet key brand standards and contract requirements such as amenities, payment, and cancellation terms, liability insurance, and co-op agreements.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the complete procurement cycle from prospecting through the RFP processes, delivering profitable contracts with new and existing vendor partner and ongoing evaluation of rates and services.
- Regularly evaluate and re-negotiate existing contract agreements to ensure maximum profitability.
- Constant research and evaluation of numerous target partners.
- Manage service level agreements, scope of work, and contract terms with service providers.
- Own and lead business results meeting with vendors and the business to ensure a comprehensive review of results and action items.
- Present TripArc's unique offering and value proposition to potential partners, be persistent in developing partnership arrangements on favourable contract terms.
- Review contracts and concisely summarize key terms and red flags prior to signature by VP, Procurement.
- Update and maintain internal tracking of supplier information, content, and contract terms.
- Participate in the Service Level Agreement process (quarterly reviews, scorecard management, complaints tracking and resolution) to address vendor issues in a timely fashion, ensure exceptional quality and operational expectations and in leveraging for rate negotiation.
- Act as the lead facilitator with marketing, product, vendors, and other cross-functional teams to conduct product reviews, support the implementation of new product and product rationalization.
- Prepare and present department reports for leadership and required stakeholders on a regular basis that track; +/- spend with vendors (COGS), KPI indicators, market conditions, rate increase/decreases from vendors, quality issues, insights and opportunities and descriptions with supporting analysis.
- Effectively coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure accomplishment of shared business objectives promoting a collaborative team environment.
- Minimum of 8-10+ years procurement/buyer/market and/or revenue manager experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder company.
- Experience contracting across a wide variety of European countries.
- Experience with a global purchasing model and luxury services/product an asset.
- Advanced negotiation skills – able to deliver results while maintaining supplier engagement.
- Proven ability to work through conflict, build trust, generate respect, and influence outcomes through outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills at all levels within the organization.
- Superior Time management skills - able to work in a fast paced, changing environment and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Upbeat personality, a hands-on team player and self-starter who is able to work in lean environment with autonomy.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally with polish and professionalism.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.