After-Hours Customer Support Consultant (Travel Services)
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately held company specializing in Leisure, Business, Retail and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Business division has four offices with corporate travel consultants specializing in business related travel who are looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has over 170 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
As Travel Edge continues its rapid growth, we are currently hiring talented Customer Support Consultants to join our new dynamic Customer Support team. Be a part of an exciting new group of after-hours team members who have exemplary customer service skills, assist with our clients travel needs, have an eagle eye for details, and love the challenge of trouble shooting files.
This is not your typical after-hours team. Our vision is to provide our clients with consistent service regardless of the time of day. For example, this could include starting the quote process for an exciting 25th anniversary trip of a lifetime, facilitating seat changes for an executive travelling to an important meeting, confirming a restaurant reservation for a Concierge client or issuing urgent tickets for one of our Leisure Consultants.
Our stellar team has a, “Yes! I can do that for you!” attitude that understands the need to follow policies and procedures but are empowered and have the ability to problem solve finding the best solution for our clients.
Why work for us?
We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining top talent by offering challenge and opportunity combined with an attractive compensation plan. Our evolving environment fosters a spirit of innovation allowing our employees to unleash their creativity and achieve a greater level of productivity. While Travel Edge offers great perks, it’s not just the benefits that make our culture great. It’s the way management and teammates treat one another. Our willingness to trust our employees is what breeds creativity, above-and-beyond performance, and job satisfaction.
- Be the first point of contact for all non-business hours of operation questions across all our divisions: Business, Leisure, Retail, Concierge and Kensington Tours clients while adhering to each division’s specific policies and procedures
- Successfully demonstrate proficiency in Sabre and a willingness to learn another GDS
- Complete Corporate reservations via the Sabre Reservations System
- Support reservations on our in-house booking tools
- Stay fully informed and stay abreast of all airline rules and regulations and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information when making travel arrangements
- Work with global DMCs, suppliers and other partners who facilitate and support our client’s travel requirements to address the client query
- Provide administrative support for all enquiries as required such as but not limited to queue support, quote generation
- Document and provide feedback/action summary on any call received
- Provide problem solving expertise and superior customer care
- Operate within company standards in the areas of customer service, productivity, quality standards and operating procedures
- The ability to solve problems independently
- Performs other duties and assist in all areas as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in either leisure or corporate travel after hours / emergency travel team
- GDS experience in Sabre with exposure to Travelport and Amadeus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and establish positive relationships
- Experience in a matrix based and collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail, being highly organized and showing the ability to multi-task will help you succeed at Travel Edge.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Must be available evenings, overnights, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Experience using Microsoft products such as Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to speak other languages such as French or Spanish desirable but not required
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI-driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Low ego and a team player.
- Has the ability to build trust and work through conflict both.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TripArc is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.