Site Reliability Engineer
- Miroslava Miholića 2, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Trikoder, part of Styria Digital Marketplaces, is one of the leading Croatian software development companies specialized in the custom development of complex online systems with custom business logic, high performance and traffic. Our current Trikoder team consists of 60 experts in different fields like back-end, front-end, mobile, design and data science. In our 11 years, we have built many outstanding professionals, we have created know-how and high standards resulting in many foreign projects, as well as continuous long-term cooperation with domestic clients. Njuškalo is currently our main and biggest project.
The Data science team is a team of highly capable experts, motivated, warm people with endless curiosity focused on using the power of machine learning to improve the company's business. Its machine learning products, deployed as microservices, that deal with a wide array of problems for different clients are cloud-based and handle millions of requests every day. In order to meet this challenge and achieve a successful user experience, a stable, highly available and responsive infrastructure is needed as well as automated code testing and deployment pipelines. The workflow is highly agile and adaptable to use of technologies from which we can see to have the most benefit in the short and long run.
If you find our story interesting, contact us! We will be more than glad to hear more about you and to share more details about the position of Site Reliability Engineer in Trikoder!
As a Site Reliability Engineer you would be the bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics.
Working hours for this role, in part, consist of developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance and in part operations/on-call duties.
This is done by developing resilient services such as APIs in Python, Golang or other languages in agreement with the rest of the team and also making sure that the designed solution responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability.
To ensure that our services satisfy these requirements you would also be working on tooling for software development.
This means automatic provisioning of test environments in AWS or using our own small on-premise data center.
Working on a logging and statistics visualization solution.
Ensuring that the software delivery pipeline is as efficient as possible.
Understanding networking and network troubleshooting on a daily basis to provide a consistent service to our customers.
Automating the deployment and release process of our products.
The most important task is provisioning and configuring Linux hosts in AWS as well as various AWS services to run our products, all in an automated reliable way.
As Google puts it, the core principle for this role is “automate your way out of a job.”
- Experience in configuring and working with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with Bash
- Strong git working experience
- Knowledge and working experience with at least one CI/CD tool (preferably Gitlab)
- Good knowledge of docker and docker-compose
- Experience with database setup and configuration (Postgres/MySQL and/or Elasticsearch)
- Skills in network troubleshooting
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, JSON, nginx, ...)
- Programming skills in Python and/or GO
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring & alerting systems (preferably ELK stack and/or similar)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the server provisioning tool Terraform
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Working experience in Kubernetes (or Docker Swarm)
- Working experience with databases
What do we offer?
- structured onboarding and mentorship for new employees
- education plan based on your competencies
- high-end equipment
- friendly, innovative and open-minded culture that actively contributes to dev community with open source projects and hosting meet-ups
- relaxed atmosphere and flexibile work time with occasional remote work possibilities
- day off on your birthday :)
- benefits for young parents (financial support, days off for child support), 2-month paid leave for fathers
- co-financed Multisport card
- yearly health checks, possibility for free psychological support
- 2 days quarterly for your sick leave without any documents from your doctor
- new offices with free coffee and refreshments :)