Business Intelligence Pilot Engineer - open location USA
- Austin, TX, USA
Launched in 2007, Tricentis has gained recognition worldwide as a cutting edge continuous testing company. Our software testing tool, Tricentis Tosca, is revolutionizing test automation, making automation easy even for those who have limited to no programming experience.
We’re always looking for employees to help us continue our winning streak. Employees who are talented, dynamic and versatile – it doesn’t matter whether they are entry-level or seasoned pros. Not only do we at Tricentis require a lot from our employees, but we also offer them a lot in return because everything that we at Tricentis have to offer revolves around one objective: promoting your development, individuality, creativity and flexibility.
We are located worldwide with our headquarter in Vienna, Austria and offices in Germany, Switzerland, the UK, the Netherlands, Poland, India, the US, and Australia.
The Tricentis Pilot Engineer is a technical expert with a deep understanding of various enterprises applications, technologies, and software development lifecycles. The Pilot team is comprised of high caliber individuals responsible for introducing and demonstrating Tosca’s cutting-edge automated testing solutions to our worldwide customers. The Pilots Engineer's role is to demonstrate Tosca’s Enterprise End-to-End automation in highly complex and challenging environments. They employ industry and technical expertise to manage all facets of customer pilots, while ensuring the automation needs and requirements of the customer are met.
- Support the Tricentis sales force in all pilot related matters
- Technical discovery of pilot requirements, scope, and success criteria
- Plan, manage, and deliver Tosca pilots to clients and prospects for the “Technical Win”
- Evangelize Tosca testing methods, best practices, and implementation strategies
- Provide effective and detailed technical messaging to customer/prospect, as well as Tricentis sales and pilots team
- Build trusted relationships with the technical constituents, successfully winning the mindshare of key sponsors
- Represent Tricentis with the utmost professionalism, passion, and enthusiasm
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- 3+ years as Pre-Sales Engineer or Consultant for BI/DW software solutions
- Extensive experience with ETL, data warehouse, and business intelligence tools
- Expertise in drafting, analyzing, and debugging complex SQL queries
- Vast knowledge of database design and modeling in the context of BI/DW
- 2+ years of functional test automation or QA experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming (C# preferred)
- Understanding of software development, SDLC, and QA processes (Agile, DevOps, waterfall, etc.)
- Practical knowledge of application, web, and databases technologies
- Development experience of API’s, web services, or automation frameworks
- Self-motivated, independent, and strong problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous customer facing or consulting technical position
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
- Located within 1 hour drive of airport
- Attractive salary + variable compensation
- Favorable working atmosphere in a rapidly expanding company
- Personal and professional development
- Career opportunities and a wide range of tasks
- Variety of Health care choices
- 401(k) plan
- Corporate travel insurance (CTI)
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Permanent, full-time employment
- Company-paid holidays
Tricentis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran