Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist
- 112 Merton St, Toronto, ON M4S 2Z8, Canada
Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark Expeditions is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is part of Travelopia - the world’s largest collection of specialist travel brands. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Quark Expeditions has been growing over the last few years and we need our business systems and KPI reporting to keep up with the growth. The Commercial team is looking for a business-minded and highly driven individual with a business/finance background to help us take our BI processes and KPI reporting to the next level!
The weekly KPI report is vitally important in managing Quark’s business performance and is used for upstream reporting to Quark’s shareholders. In this role, the successful candidate will be principally responsible for assuming the transition of weekly KPI reporting function from manual to automated.
The BI Specialist will work to master current Quark business systems and reporting with the goal of implementing the automated KPI report.
Implement the KPI report across the business:
1) Together with the BI Project Manager, the BI Specialist will:
- Ensure KPI report aligns with business requirements and logic
- Design the look of the KPI report
- Test the accuracy of the KPI report before going live
- Run the manual KPI report in parallel until cut-over
- Document the KPI reporting process
2) Develop the following live commercial tools:
- Inventory tracking tool
- Forecasting tool
- Group quoting tool
3) Find new efficiencies in current processes and implement solutions
4) Automate other commercial reports, such as actual sales vs target of each territory, key markets and channel
5) Optimize the reporting functionality of SAP Business Objects
After 6 months, the role will transition into a more robust BI role responsible for the following:
1) Maintain and update the commercial tools and coordinate with IT to trouble shoot technical issues
2) Generate standard reports and provide value-added analysis and commentary in the report
3) Develop exception flags to identify data-entry issues in the reservation system that affect yield and work with Sales to resolve those issues
4) Provide data analytics on yield variables to identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions.
5) Manage inventory and ensure product mix is optimized
6) Gather competitive data (e.g., inventory available in the market at given time, competitor’s promotion) on the internet through digital solution
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Finance or business background, CPA certification is highly preferred
- Highly analytical and organized
- 7-10 years of experience working with large relational databases or business intelligence in a medium to large organization
- Experience with SAP Business Objects or similar enterprise level reporting system
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to quickly and accurately merge and summarize information from multiple sources
- Ability to write SQL queries is an asset
- Ability to read through the numbers and create a story behind the numbers
- Proven ability to interact with senior level management across functions
- Self-starter with high degree of personal initiative
- Passionate and adventurous
Quark Expeditions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. To learn more, please visit: www.posterguard.com/eposter/U1200AFL1-ApplcntFdrlIntrntLcnsng.pdf