Pubic Relations (PR) Specialist - Quark Expeditions
- 112 Merton St, Toronto, ON M4S 2Z8, Canada
Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark Expeditions is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is part of Travelopia - the world’s largest collection of specialist travel brands. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
As the PR Specialist you will support the marketing team to manage both proactive and reactive communication with key global media and influencers. The role supports the business by building awareness with trade and consumer media, enhancing our reputation as the leader in polar adventures. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role will be critical for building our business.
- Write and develop media materials and manage document approval to build our brand awareness in key markets
- Manage daily media monitoring process including research and analyze of competitor and industry announcements and media coverage
- Develop and maintain key metrics, analyzing and enhancing
- Create yearly and quarterly PR plan based on business needs and industry’s needs
- Proactively pitching and working with the travel industry – trade and consumer in the USA, UK and Australia
- Ability to conduct market analysis - Research business, market, consumer and issues-specific information
- Manage the PR Mailbox and various in-bound media requests, assessing each for merits and priority
- Support the business to promote Quark Expeditions and our offerings
- Support team at key events that have media attendance
What We are Looking For:
- Post graduate certificate or university degree in Communications/Public Relations or related experience
- 3-5 years’ experience that includes public and media relations and event planning
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and well-developed analytical skills
- Strong writing skills, with an ability to write for different audiences, including external
- Existing relationships with key travel media in our key markets – trade and consumer
- Energetic and confident with ability to manage and prioritize many projects at the same time.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, and collaborative entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter with high degree of personal initiative
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills
- Ability to travel when necessary
Quark Expeditions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. To learn more, please visit: www.posterguard.com/eposter/U1200AFL1-ApplcntFdrlIntrntLcnsng.pdf