Business Development Manager, Western Region
- Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Travelopia is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests. The Business Development Manager position is a remote position which will support two Travelopia brands including:
- Zegrahm Expeditions, an adventure travel company that takes inquisitive explorers to the farthest corners of the globe on all seven continents.
- International Expeditions, a leader in small group nature travel with a focus on high-end natural history and cultural experiences.
International Expeditions and Zegrahm Expeditions, both leaders in adventure travel, are looking for a tenured, dynamic, travel industry professional, with experience working with key accounts and consortiums such as Virtuoso and Signature, to lead profitable sales growth through the travel retail channels in the Western Region.
The remote position is responsible for leveraging viable prospecting and utilizing sales skills, cultivating leads, making outbound calls and setting up face-to-face sales meetings to present the unique selling benefits of both product lines.
This position will work directly with travel agencies to aid in the development of business plans, engage in local marketing, train staff and provide effective tools to grow business and achieve sales targets established by each brand.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to build relationships and understand opportunities for future revenue growth in the indirect channels, including key accounts and consortiums.
- Leads the development of tactical and long-term strategic objectives specifically designed to grow sales in retail travel channel.
- Uses Softrip to analyze and monitor sales of key accounts, establish benchmarks, track sales trends and ROI, and uncovers untapped resources to create strategies specific to prospect productivity and potential.
- Creates engaging, compelling and educational presentations for each brand to use onsite, at trade shows or via agent-focused webinars.
- Strong collaboration with other departments (finance, marketing and operations) ensuring expectations are aligned and customer needs are met.
- Presents selling points of two brands and describes various trips, qualifies leads, and guides travel agents’ attention to specific itineraries and/or promotion opportunities.
- Meets or exceeds sales targets by looking of opportunities to develop sales from existing and new accounts.
- Works closely with Expedition Advisors to collaborate on ways of managing key account relationships and driving business.
- Works in tandem with one other, multi-brand outside sales manager to exchange best practices, pass along leads and help with sales.
- Participates and promotes sales initiatives to travel agency community and collaborate with the marketing department on sales initiatives and field sales tools.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrably successful field sales experience within the travel agent community - luxury products, adventure travel and/or travel products and services are highly desired.
- Must reside in the Western part of the US; Seattle, LA, etc.
- Finely-tuned business, strategic and commercial acumen including proven experience in business plan and relationship development.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently, set and achieve goals, prioritize day-to-day activities and travel while adjusting priorities without losing effectiveness.
- Requires extremely strong oral, aural and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills in multi-cultural settings.
- Requires learned processes of establishing, maintaining and presenting sales reports.
- Knowledge of travel industry terminology, agency business practices and sales processes as well as experience in traveling both domestically and internationally.
- Requires computer skills including hands on experience with email, browsers, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database knowledge and sales presentation tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the territory by car, plane, and other means.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.