Polar Travel Advisor
- Toronto, Canada
Located in Toronto Canada, Quark Expeditions is the world leader in polar adventure travel. Since 1991, Quark has been establishing a tradition of firsts in polar travel: as the first to transit the Northeast Passage with adventure travelers; the first to take travelers to the far side of Antarctica; and the first to circumnavigate the Antarctic continent with guests. Quark is recognized for its diverse fleet of passenger vessels and offers the widest variety of polar itineraries of any other adventure company.
Quark Expeditions is a member of Travelopia, which is the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands. Each brand is individually operated, creating unique experiences that are centered around specific destinations, passions or interests.
Quark Expeditions is seeking a Polar Travel Advisor to join their team in Toronto. This position will provide potential customers with expert advice, convert leads into sales, and ensure an exceptional customer experience along the way. Our ideal candidate as 2+ years sales experience and a passion for adventure travel. Strong relationship building skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Reach monthly sales targets while driving exceptional customer service KPI’s
- Connect with prospective travelers both over the phone and via email
- Convert sales leads and opportunities with speed and efficiency while ensuring the use of correct processes and procedures
- Listen and ask the right questions to discover the needs of each individual traveler
- Perform at all times with the aspiration to provide a voyage or trip of a lifetime
- Maintain detailed and accurate notes in the Salesforce CRM for successful transition to the Customer Service team
- Outbound relationship calling to travel agents and other prospect lists
- 2+ years front-line sales experience, motivated by revenue targets and service KPI’s
- Proven success driving sales through a disciplined process
- Passion for travel and travel knowledge
- Call center experience highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and complaint resolution skills
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required
- Flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience of different reservation systems and CRMs (e.g. Salesforce)
- Positive can-do attitude with a natural ability to be inspirational
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.