- Jakarta, Indonesia
Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in six countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
Data Engineers at Traveloka are passionate on designing, building, and maintaining our growing big data platform. We collect millions of events everyday to our data lake for insights, and to our real time pipeline for enabling many data-driven features such as personalized user experience.
What you do will be mixed of software engineering, system architecture design, and operation:
• You will be designing, building, supporting and scaling our data infrastructure. Including monitoring, alerting and debugging infrastructure that is streaming millions of events per hour with thousands of pipelines running
• Collaborate and coordinate with other departments (product, etc) to solve their use case using data technology; state of the art big data stack such as Kafka, Pubsub, Spark, DataFlow, BigQuery, Airflow, etc. on hundreds of terabytes data.
• Explore/learn new technologies that can complement or replace our current stack to improve it.
• Passion in big data, software engineering, and systems.
• Excellent analysis and reasoning of system behaviors
• Uphold best practices and principle around clean code, testing, continuous integration
• Strong team player and collaborator
• Having high level of responsibility and resilience in dealing with issues
• Preferably familiar with big data infrastructure (such as Kafka, Spark, etc.), cloud based infrastructure, varying databases, security concerns would be an advantage.
• Familiar with Java/JVM. Python is added advantage
• Experience working with data infrastructure will be valuable, but your desire to learn data infrastructure is more important.
• Having systems operational experience is a bonus, but not required.