Software Engineer - Back end
- Singapore, Singapore
Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers and aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in six countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
Software engineering takes the central roles for building Traveloka products and systems. You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our web applications, third-party data integration, data API, backend systems, or working with monitoring tools and infrastructure.
You may work on our search engine including scoring and relevance, reservation engine, automated pricing engine, business process engine, data applications, devops-related applications, and other new projects.
You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background. We work in open environment where there are no boundaries or power distance. Everyone is encouraged to speak their mind, propose ideas, influence others, and continuously grow themselves. Get the exposure to multi-aspect, collaborative, intensive startup experience with our recent expansion into Southeast Asia and exploration of new products.
- Passion in software engineering, application development, and/or systems development
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and algorithms
- At least 3+ years hands-on experience in at least 1 programming language, preferably Java
- Experience with software engineering best practices including unit testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment and source control
- Working knowledge of relational and document-oriented database
- Understanding of cloud computing, scalable system design, service-oriented architecture, microservices architecture, serverless architecture and RESTful web services is a plus
- Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment, be willing to take the initiative and be committed to continuous learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex ideas with stakeholders of different background