Senior Legal Counsel for Litigation and IP
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Traveloka is a technology company based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Founded in 2012 by ex-Silicon Valley engineers, the company aims to revolutionize human mobility with technology. Today, Traveloka is expanding its reach by operating in six countries and experimenting with new endeavors that will create a large impact in the markets and industries we touch.
- Establish and implement group-wide intellectual property strategy, ranging from registration, incentivization to enforcement.
- Lead and solve all legal issues surrounding intellectual property, employment and litigation.
- Work for HR Industrial Relations to comply with prevailing manpower regulations, implement employment policies and review relevant employment agreements and documents to ensure that items are legally binding.
- Establish and implement litigation prevention policies (through coordination with relevant departments, including employment or consumer operations)
- Educate key stakeholders within Traveloka Group of Companies to raise awareness on intellectual property registration and litigation prevention.
- Review intercompany intellectual property agreements to satisfy transfer pricing study and shareholders requirements for a tax efficient operating model.
- Manage litigations and advise key stakeholders, including founders and board on legal proceedings, both civil and criminal involving Traveloka with various counterparts, including employees, business partners, government authorities and competitors
- Liaise with key stakeholders to align on IP strategy, education and enforcement
- Provide legal advice to relevant stakeholders (i.e., customer operation, people operation, product team) in matters related to intellectual property and litigation.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to resolvelitigatiosn (e.g., liaise with customer operation, product team and people operations) and advise on steps for enforcement or settlement.
- Coordinate with other country legal counsel for any employment, intellectual property or litigation case in each jurisdiction.
- Represent the company for any dispute that reaches the litigation process, be it in the Consumer Protection Agency, Civil Courts, Criminal Courts or any alternative dispute settlement forum (e.g., mediation or arbitration).
- Assist the company in preparing for litigation and response to investigations from authority.
- Coordinate and supervise external counsel for any litigation case.
- Assist several due diligences process which related to intellectual property and litigation matter in several acquisition projects.
- Lead and conduct investigations raised by the Ethics and Investigations Team.
- Work with Founders for resolving all violations of code of conduct.
- Liaise with public relation team for any case that escalated to the media.
- Maintain awareness of current and potential changes in regulations and align the organization to ensure the company’s potential compliance.
- Assist the company in reviewing company regulations, SOPs, and internal policies.
- Holds a law degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience
- Previously worked at a reputable litigation law firm or 4 years as a legal counsel in a reputable company/institution
- Having an advocate active license (PERADI) is a must.