- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2017, Travelify is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – Travelify has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
Travelify’s goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
We are seeking a strong Editorial Writer who wants to play a key role in framing and telling the stories of the brands of a fast-growing luxury travel company. Reporting to the VP Brand and Creative Strategy, you are responsible for creating distinctive brand stories across multiple touch points, with a focus on engaging magazine-style content for blogs, newsletters and social. As part of our team of marketing professionals, you will also help support teammates as needed with tasks like ideation, writing, editing and proofreading. If you’re a passionate brand writer with a love for travel, this is the role for you.
- Developing engaging and easily “snackable” long- and short-form written content for brand newsletters, blogs and feeds, as well as other channels, in a contemporary journalistic or editorial style.
- Displaying consistently superior writing, editing and proofreading skills in all aspects of their work.
- Welcoming feedback on their work, and being proficient at incorporating it with minimal oversight.
- Brainstorming fresh new storylines and storytelling approaches, as well as bringing best practices and interesting ideas from other verticals to your work.
- Collaborating on development of editorial content strategies and resulting content calendars.
- Staying up to date on competitive trends and competitive marketing work in the travel industry.
- Productive, enthusiastic and egoless collaboration with marketing team members and other internal partners throughout the entire creative process.
- Ensuring that all editorial writing meets appropriate brand standards, in conjunction with other marketing team members.
- Ability to plan, work autonomously and deliver on multiple time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
The Person Who Will Love This Job…
- Appreciates the opportunity to help build two premium travel brands with their exceptional storytelling and content skills.
- Wants to accomplish something exceptional in a high visibility category.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-performance entrepreneurial environment with the ability to roll up their sleeves and get to work with minimal oversight.
- Personally appreciates travel and luxury, and is passionate about the powerful emotional and cultural drivers in the space.
- Minimum 4 years of full time relevant work experience
- Agency experience is preferred
- An online portfolio of outstanding long- and short-form editorial writing for brands.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word and PowerPoint), and Keynote.
- Familiarity with key social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Understand how to write in a brand tone of voice
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree, college diploma, or other relevant post-secondary achievement.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travelify is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.