Social Media Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2017, Travelify is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – Travelify has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
Travelify’s goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Manager to promote and strengthen our organization divisions brands (Travel Edge & Kensington Tours) and their multiple social media profiles. The successful candidate will assist in developing each brand social marketing strategies, develop and execute strategic content for each brand and maintain and grow their social media accounts, which includes but is not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Pinterest, YouTube, Website blogs and resource centers. They are responsible for regularly evaluating the success of their efforts on these platforms and modifying the strategy as needed. This candidate will have a demonstrated history of working in a fast-paced environment while delivering multiple projects on schedule, on budget and with no errors.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working alongside a hardworking marketing team, the Social Media Manager must be detail oriented, organized, have excellent communication skills and content writing experience. The ideal candidate is passionate about travel, understands the needs of the different travel brands and consistently strives to provide exciting, informational and inspirational content the audience and platform requires.
- Manage multiple social accounts for multiple brands.
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategies that collaborates with marketing, PR, co-op, blog and advertising campaigns.
- Understand each brand social media audience, brand personality and strategic focus to help increase brand awareness, expand audiences, strengthen brand loyalty and convert social followers into qualified leads. Ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
- Influence the social audience focussing on organic social while understanding when there is a good ROI to use paid social.
- Working knowledge to oversee & implement social media paid advertising campaigns with different objectives across Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- Manage and execute influencer campaigns with 3rd party influencers.
- Working alongside the co-op manager to satisfy co-op partner contract requirements on social, both paid and unpaid
- Set clear monthly and yearly goals for the brands and regularly evaluate the success of the efforts on each social platform.
- Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities through Meltwater, the social media listening and engagement software.
- Developing weekly/monthly content calendars for VP, Creative to review.
- Exceptional copywriting skills to develop timely, engaging social content for each brand (using their consistent tone of voice) on each platform as well as understanding content types & tactics per platform.
- Perform research to develop content on travel trends, up to date travel news, inspirational content, client stories, informational content pieces including what to pack, when to book etc.
- Organize client accounts, schedule posts in advance on Meltwater, also our social media scheduling platform.
- Engage with online community and respond to comments and requests. Communicate with a consistent brand voice and respond to questions with a “customer first” mindset with the ability to move difficult questions to the appropriate person internally.
- Knowledge of some SEO best practices is also helpful but not a requirement (we can teach) as it is correlated to items, we do in the social marketing and SEO space.
- Learning and understanding the brand(s) website content management systems (CMS) to upload blog content.
- Analyzes total company social media efforts and adjusts social media lead generation plan to drive traffic to landing pages. Provides expertise to enhance lead generation initiatives for multiple brands.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts.
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process.
- University degree in Marketing, Public & Media Relations, Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years’ experience in Social Media Marketing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to write in a tone and style that is consistent with the brand(s) voice. A strategic content creator and works with the Creative team for graphic design needs.
- Experience executing paid social campaigns (including influencer paid campaigns) for brands.
- Experience creating and implementing social strategies to define and strengthen the brands they have worked on.
- Ability to do research – understand the travel related content needed for each brand and platform to increase followers, drive leads, strengthen loyalty and how to set the brands apart from competition.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment both virtually and in-person.
- Extrovert – An energized character with a positive attitude.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Passionate about travel and all that surrounds it.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward.
We know that our success is dependent on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego, and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travelify is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.