Senior Marketing Manager - CRM & Loyalty
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2017, Travelify is a $750 million privately held company powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network empowers seamless access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million transactions annually - all at the industry’s best rates.
As an industry leader in technology, purchasing, finance, HR and marketing, we know how to deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible. With deep experience in partnering with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – Travelify has real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
Travelify’s goals are simple. To make our network of over 1400 travel entities more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients.
Operating out of our Toronto office, Senior Marketing Manager, CRM & Loyalty is responsible for leading, developing and implementing efficient strategies to drive audience engagement, retention and brand loyalty for our flagship brands – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge.
Working closely with the SVP Marketing and VP, Performance Marketing, the successful candidate will develop the long-term vision and strategic plan for communications across the customer lifecycle and be responsible to everyday execution of email marketing strategy, lead generation, co-op marketing fulfillment, loyalty program, and any related offline communications (ex: direct mail, gifting). This role requires a results-oriented individual who will work collaboratively with a small marketing team as well as sales and product development teams across several brands. A strong analytical background is required to translate data into actionable and profitable marketing initiatives. This role will be driven by and measured on a defined set of KPIs. This position has one report – email marketing coordinator.
Customer Retention Management, Engagement and Loyalty
- With a particular focus on email, develop fulsome strategy to efficiently retain and engage our respective audiences: Travel Agents, Prospective Clients, Repeat Clients etc
- In addition to complete email marketing program, successful candidate will consider all customer life cycle touch points and opportunities including mailers, app-related communications, telemarketing, gifting, brand partnerships and more.
- Working with SVP, Marketing the successful candidate will also refine and pilot a loyalty program
- The successful candidate is equally comfortable with strategy development as well as hands-on execution.
- Maintain clean database
- Drive database engagement
- Manage/minimize database unsubscribes
- Oversees the input of clients into the database including actionable segmentation and personalization indicators
Develops and manages great E-Mail campaigns
- Develops and manages on-going evolution of responsive email templates and campaign assets across multiple brands.
- Works with marketing/creative and business owners to ensure brands are properly positioned & represented through all email communications.
- Identifies and implements marketing and remarketing campaigns against each segment of the database – personalize message based on the segment.
- Develops and maintains yearly calendar mapping campaigns to business goals, timelines and opportunities including co-op marketing fulfillment
- Works as company as needed contact with ESP provider Active Campaign
Tests, learns and enhances E-mail marketing campaigns to drive business results
- Sets up and manages trigger email campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximize engagement, leads & sales.
- Analyzes current email marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvement
- Tracks and reports on email campaigns results in order to guide improvements.
- Conducts A/B & multi-variant testing to continually learn and improve campaigns.
- Creates reports to executive team and business owners on KPIs including leads / sales / revenue generated through email marketing campaigns.
E-Mail Marketing Expertise
- Monitor industry and competitive intelligence to stay on top of leading-edge email technology and report on trending and untapped opportunities.
- Ensuring all email campaigns comply with current email best practice in the industry.
- Working closely with the Performance team to ensure email and digital strategies are coordinated and integrated.
Skills & Requirements:
- Diploma or undergraduate degree preferably in a communication, marketing, digital marketing.
- Must have previous experience as a CRM Manager, email marketing manager, and/or multiple years of relevant experience either at a marketing agency or in-house
- Proven knowledge of the email marketing best practices, tools and trends including evolving ESP landscape, mobile first design/considerations and more.
- Proven knowledge of Google Analytics & campaign tracking and attribution methods and tools.
- Strong analytical skills – able to glean opportunity from data.
- Previous experience with ESP provider Active Campaign is an asset
- Confident, disciplined and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage projects across multiple brands with multiple business unit owners.
- Detail oriented with good written and oral communications skills.
- A team player and self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data-driven and decisions.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI-driven organization
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working
- Low ego and a team player
- Has the ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travelify is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.