Supply Chain Analyst
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Founded in 2006, Kensington Tours is a $170 million privately-held company that has been rapidly growing for the past few years. We are a multi-award-winning luxury tour operator offering tailor-made, private-guided experiences to the world’s most extraordinary destinations. Anchored by an industry-leading team of 150+ destination specialists, we deliver curated travel experiences for the most discerning clients. The success of Kensington Tours has been its ability to provide customized tours for each and every client in a market with increasingly sophisticated consumer knowledge and a heightened search for “authenticity of experience.” We do this with our pioneering technology platform that allows the company to connect tour experts all over the world into a single, streamlined database and booking engine.
Our tours consist of local hotels, private guides, airport transfers, transport between cities, and special experiences (e.g. hot air balloon ride). Our Procurement team finds destination management companies (DMC) around the world who provide these services or they source them directly. The Product team curates these product components and then weaves them together into itineraries that span varying price levels and themes.
Kensington strives to surprise and delight at every turn with authentic, extraordinary and unexpected experiences. Our brand promise - to create the experience that changes the life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and analytical Supply Chain Analyst to join the growing Kensington Tours procurement team.
The Supply Chain Analyst manages internal data and analytics to help drive key decisions, and works on critical projects that will help Kensington Tours meet its long-term strategic objectives. These projects are technical in nature with a high degree of complexity across multiple internal and external teams and multiple data platforms.
The ideal candidate will roll up their sleeves and help to build a best-in-class supply chain reporting tools. They will be organized, detail-oriented with the ability to make an impact and a long-term commitment to grow with Kensington Tours.
Key activities will include:
- Create analytical tools and conduct analysis on Cost of Goods Sold and market basket opportunities to help achieve team KPIs around reducing spend
- Identify areas to continuously improve or build new and effective tools to report on monthly procurement KPIs and improve the effectiveness of our reporting capability (including cost savings opportunities, weekly team dashboards and NPS)
- Maintain up to date vendor contact information across both our proprietary software and internal email database
- Work with the VP Supply Chain to create a framework for determining Return on Investment (ROI) for new technology integrations with third party vendors
- Assist the team in completing data analysis for Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Conduct and product ad-hoc analysis that provides insight and well supported conclusions to resolve specific issues
- Work with the VP Supply chain to benchmark, research and report on external factors influencing various countries including competitive analysis and socio-economic factors
- Create and maintain a calendar of world events to alert procurement and product team on potential inventory issues
- Provide insight and create analysis supporting how to continually enhance our Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools
- Work with the VP Supply Chain to create reports to facilitate effective interaction across Sales, Product, Customer Care and other support functions
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (i.e. Business Administration, Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics etc. or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years work experience in a procurement, business analyst or business intelligence role
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Professional presence; confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Effective multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects and/or work-streams at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who acts as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems decisively and effectively
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Advanced skill set working in Microsoft excel; ability to create basic macros
- Experience with PowerPivot, Power BI, and SQL are an asset
We offer an attractive remuneration package and a dynamic working environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.