Travel Advisor Support Specialist
- 2 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G7, Canada
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately-held company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has over 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
Travel Edge Leisure Division: Advisor Services
Our Leisure division has over 500 travel advisors across North America and Bermuda. These advisors have a wide range of specialties including Air, Cruise, Vacation, and VIP travel. Many of our advisors have decades of experience though a growing portion of them are enthusiastic new professionals who have taken advantage of Travel Edge training, tools, support and management to build a new career.
We are looking for a passionate travel professional for a unique multi-faceted role in our Toronto headquarters, with the goal of delivering the best service levels for travel related support. You will be working with experienced luxury travel advisors across our network in both Canada & the USA as their first line of support. This team member will contribute to the support environment by maintaining an organized workplace, assisting quickly with accuracy and continuously promote and exhibit positive behavior while delivering exceptional service.
- Provides efficient and effective resolutions to GDS, IT, Cruise, Air, Hotel and Land support queries
- Acts on advisor requests and delivers quick and accurate answers
- Ensures clear communications with advisors and team members
- Remaining calm and focused in pressurised situations
- Creating a positive atmosphere with your team
- Multi-task and prioritize sequencing of resolution
- Access reservations or bookings on Sabre and assist with ticketing or troubleshooting
- Understands systems and internal navigation of Clientbase, GDS, ADX
- Develops relationships in person with advisors and suppliers
- Interact with hotels, cruises and suppliers to assist in providing quick resolution
- Collects feedback of any trends, requests, ongoing issues to the wider Leisure team
- Escalates issues to Manager as needed to solve both travel and tech related problems
- Participation at vendor events, may be requested
- As part of a support team, we may require on call support nights/weekends/holidays
- Minimum 3 years travel experience in a customer facing role
- Proactive and solutions focused when providing effective travel related support
- Intermediate level GDS, Sabre is required (ability to book flights, ticket, modify and exchange)
- Intermediate IT support capabilities (log ins, network issues)
- Experience with luxury travel brands - hotels, tours, cruises
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated strength in multi-tasking and prioritization
- Ability to work independently while keeping on track
- Ability to support our growth goals of the company while maintaining a personal connection with our advisors
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Naturally customer service orientated and you enjoy working in a support role
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Extremely adept in software applications
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Ability to travel
- University degree is an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travel Edge is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.