- 2 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G7, Canada
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately-held company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has over 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Event Manager to plan and produce events from conception through completion. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and have a track record of organizing impactful events. The Event Manager is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies, budgets and business plans for company and 3rd party events. They will implement these plans for all aspects of events, meeting company, attendee and partner goals. Excellent people skills are a must as the Event Manager will be working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role manages all event details such as catering, AV, transportation, location operations, invitee lists, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc. If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
· Manage budgets and resources to deliver events to meet company, attendee and partner objectives. This will include working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Establish partnerships and relationships with stakeholders. Develop and execute MOUs and agreements to define roles and responsibilities. Foster these relationships to benefit of the company.
· Lead, manage, and provide direction to contractors and vendors. Collaborate with internal teams and external contractors to ensure successful event operations and program development/deployment.
· Interact regularly with external stakeholders and attendees to ensure events are aligned with partner objectives and requirements.
· Innovate by developing special features and programs at events. Ensure these activities meet internal and external stakeholder objectives and expectations.
· Develop literacy and working industry knowledge, including the event content being featured. Foster the ability to discuss partners’ products and services, as well as uncover new opportunities.
· Utilize project management tools such as milestone charts and timelines for all major event initiatives. Monitor progress and manage to keep production on track.
· Guide and ensure consistency of corporate image and brand throughout all events and project.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in marketing, events, conferences, project management or sales.
· Event management experience preferred.
· Relationship building, networking and outreach skills. Sales aptitude preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Leadership skills to guide diverse teams towards a common goal.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge and experience with marketing techniques, social media and industry trends
· Outgoing, self-motivated person with strong organizational skills
· Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and professionalism
· Travel or hospitality industry experience an asset
· Ability to travel up to 50%
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted..