Air Travel Consultant
- 2 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 3G5, Canada
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million privately-held company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. As North America’s largest luxury-focused travel company, Travel Edge has earned its place as a category leader, outpacing the industry with impressive growth and world-class technology. The company’s Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution.
Kensington Tours is a multi-award-winning premium and luxury tour operator offering tailor-made, private guided experiences to the world’s most extraordinary destinations (90+ countries). Kensington strives to surprise and delight at every turn with authentic, extraordinary and unexpected experiences; all in keeping with our brand promise, “we create the experience that changes the life”.
The Air Travel Sales Consultant work closely with Kensington Tours’s Destination Experts to facilitate all aspects of Air travel for the Company’s clients. Kensington Tours is a multi-award-winning premium and luxury tour operator offering tailor-made, private guided experiences to the world’s most extraordinary destinations. You will be responsible for coordinating complex international air itineraries utilizing the company’s preferred airline suppliers to present the best air itineraries and maximize profit for the company. With the goal of increasing sales conversion for Kensington Tours land programs or on air only requests, there will be the need to deal directly with the client or the client’s travel advisor from time to time. A love of arranging and selling leisure air itineraries is a must.
- Build air itineraries (primarily for US-based customers) and pricing options via the company’s proprietary booking platform and coordinate the clients land/tour booking to provide them a seamless travel experience.
- Manipulate complex international itineraries for the purpose of best pricing options utilizing published and net fare pricing options while taking commission opportunities and preferred supplier strategy into consideration.
- Work directly with Kensington Tours’ customers (travelers) and/or their travel advisors
- Achieve monthly sales goals for air sales
- Process ticket requests and manage all schedule changes submitted by the airlines ensuring there is no disruption to the client’s tour itinerary.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of company’s airline contracts with preferred suppliers to ensure best utilization opportunities.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to resolve any issues that surface with customers air travel arrangements.
- Stay fully informed and up to date on all airline rules and regulations and other industry requirements and accurately apply this information to all airline reservations offered as well as communicating any relevant information to the client.
- 2+ years of travel sales experience;
- Demonstrated experience with Air Sales and a familiarity with airline contracts, refunds, exchanges, consolidators, international airline commission and net fare agreements
- Excellent knowledge of international airfare routings and worldwide geography
- Experience with US originating air itineraries, ticketing and fare rules preferred
- 2+ years Sabre GDS experience
- Motivated to achieve sales targets and other Key Performance Indicators
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think independently & escalate issues as needed
- The ability to multi-task and be organized in a fast-paced environment
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What we offer:
- Supportive team environment
- Company matched RRSP program
- Extensive health benefits
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Health and Wellness subsidy
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Corporate gym membership rates
- Agent incentives
- Advancement opportunities