Activity Aide - Mornings and Evenings
- 13301 Central Ave, Crestwood, IL 60445, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activities Aide
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days & PMs
- Name of Location/Facility: Crestwood Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Activity Aide: Join us and be the reason someone smiles today!
- Salary: $11.00 + benefits
- Schedule: Mornings and Evenings
Crestwood Terrace is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) with 126 beds and is providing patient care to the mentally ill/behavior health population (ages 21 and up)
- 5-Star Quality measure – this means we provide excellent clinical care!
- Consistently high patient satisfaction rating and feedback – our patients love us!
- An interactive game room that includes basketball, air hockey and video arcade machines.
- We have a close-knit team. We produced a Crestwood family Christmas card. Come join our ugly Christmas sweater contest this next holiday season!
A quote from a new employee:
· “I am so appreciative of the support [from my manager] and the corporate team. It has been an amazing 6 weeks [so far] and I look forward to my future with this company.”
Join us and be the reason someone smiles today!
What you will do in this role: When you are a patient, games and entertainment can be the highlight of your day. As an Activity / Activities Aide you will help to keep our short term stay residents engaged in their recovery and rehab. With long-term residents, you will be providing life enrichment events, often focused on cognitive and memory retention. This could involve leading an exercise group, playing card games, or reading a book to someone that is confined to their room.
- Every day can be a little more fun than the next.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- Casual Fridays twice a month
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- Employee recognition program
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- Robust benefits package, including a retirement savings plan
- Refer-a-Friend programs – Our #3 source of new employees is referrals from our existing team members. Great employees refer other great workers. Come join us.
From our new employee survey:
- 82% surveyed said “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- 89% surveyed said “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
Join us and be the reason someone smiles today.
Activity / Activities Aide: Officially we title this job an Activities Aide, but in other centers it may be called an Activity Aide, Activities Assistant, or even a Life Enrichment Coordinator.
What we need from you:
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Prior experience as an activity aide in a long-term care facility preferred
- Must have computer knowledge
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and criminal history background check
- We follow the CMS & IDPH rules for the Covid-19 vaccine. You should be fully vaccinated or you will be required to submit an exemption. Details will be discussed during your interview.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. Join us and be the reason someone smiles today.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members.
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- On-site vaccinations and more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This center is managed by TRANSITIONAL CARE MANAGEMENT. We currently provide comprehensive management services to 12 inpatient healthcare centers throughout the Chicagoland area. These settings include Long-term Care Skilled Nursing (SNFs), Short-term Care Rehabilitation (100% post acute rehab centers), Intermediate Care (ICFs), and Behavioral Health Service (SMHRFs) centers.
Each center is unique; offering you a variety of long-term career opportunities.