Housekeeping Aide / Day Shift
- 2230 McDonough St, Joliet, IL 60436, USA
- Department: Environmental Services
- Job Title: Housekeeper/Laundry Aide
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Joliet Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Housekeeper / Housekeeping Aide
- Salary: $12.00/hour + benefits
- Schedule: Days / Full-time
- Shift: Days and with weekend rotations: 6:30 am - 2:30 pm
Joliet Terrace is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that has 120 Medicaid beds, proudly serving the behavioral/psych population – with a 5 Star Quality Measure rating & 4 Stars overall.
Location: We are next door to a church & school, we are situation in a quiet area that is 1.5 miles from I-80; a very easy to commute.
Housekeeper: officially we title this job a Housekeeping Aide, but in other centers it may be called a Housekeeper, Environmental Services Assistant or Laundry Aide.
Our Housekeepers provide housekeeping services to assure that a clean, orderly and home-like environment is maintained in accordance with current federal, state and local regulations.
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
Housekeeper / Housekeeping Aide
What we need from you:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically capable of walking, prolonged standing, bending pushing and pulling weights exceeding 150 lbs and fine motor dexterity.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to pass drug and background checks
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!
This center is managed by TRANSITIONAL CARE MANAGEMENT. We currently provide comprehensive management services to 12 inpatient healthcare centers throughout the Chicagoland area. These settings include Long-term Care Skilled Nursing (SNFs), Short-term Care Rehabilitation (100% post acute rehab centers), Intermediate Care (ICFs), and Behavioral Health Service (SMHRFs) centers.
Each center is unique; offering you a variety of long-term career opportunities.