Building Maintenance Technician
- 3311 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
- Department: Environmental Services
- Job Title: Maintenance Technician
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Fluctuating schedule
- Name of Location/Facility: Southview Manor
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Status: full time, with benefits
- Schedule: fluctuating schedule, with occasional weekends
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Community Care is a SNF with 204 beds and multiple levels of care, including a large behavioral patient population (ages 21 and up) within the center.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, across the street from the ‘IL Inst. of Technology’; near W 43 ST & State Street, just off 90/94 – a very easy to commute.
Building Maintenance / Handyman
What you'll do:
- Perform general maintenance, minor carpentry and light repairs
- Keep a record of all maintenance and service activities conducted
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations set by IDPH and the industry
- You should have experience with minor Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC repair and servicing needs.
- Participate in facility inspections as requested
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically capable of walking, prolonged standing, bending pushing and pulling weights exceeding 150 lbs and fine motor dexterity.
- Prior maintenance/carpentry experience preferred
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Experience working in a Long Term or Post-Acute Care setting desirable.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass drug and criminal background checks.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.
This center is managed by TRANSITIONAL CARE MANAGEMENT. We currently provide comprehensive management services to 12 inpatient healthcare centers throughout the Chicagoland area. These settings include Long-term Care Skilled Nursing (SNFs), Short-term Care Rehabilitation (100% post acute rehab centers), Intermediate Care (ICFs), and Behavioral Health Service (SMHRFs) centers.
Each center is unique; offering you a variety of long-term career opportunities.