Behavioral Health Aide
- 4314 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60653, USA
- Department: Behavioral (PRSC or PRSA or PRSD)
- Job Title: Psych/Rehab Services Assistant (PRSA 2)
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Community Care Center
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Aide, PRSA
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: $14.20 per Hour + Benefits
- Schedule: TBD by Department Manager
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Community Care is a SNF with 204 beds and multiple levels of care, including a large behavioral patient population (ages 21 and up) within the center.
Location: We are located in the Bronzeville neighborhood, across the street from the ‘IL Inst. of Technology’; near W 43 ST & State Street, just off 90/94 – a very easy to commute.
Security Guard officially we title this job a Security Guard but in other centers it may be called a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Aide, PRSA , Mental or Behavioral Health Aide, Social Services Aide, or Psychiatric Aide
What you'll do:
- Provide supervision and security
- Provide support and assistance during behavioral incidents
- Monitor residents and all persons entering facility
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
Mental or Behavioral Health Aide
What we need from you:
- Ideally - prior experience as a PRSA or Security Guard in a licensed nursing home or psychiatric setting.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. Must have ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff.
- Must have capability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Great problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to exercise mature and professional judgement.
- Willingness to serve individuals in a psychiatric setting
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!