Receptionist - (healthcare facility)
- 2230 McDonough St, Joliet, IL 60436, USA
- Department: Administration
- Job Title: Receptionist
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Day Shift (7am-3pm)
- Name of Location/Facility: Joliet Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: $11.00 / hour
- Schedule: Full time
- Shift: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm with an every other weekend rotation
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Joliet Terrace is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that has 120 Medicaid beds, proudly serving the behavioral/psych population – with a 5 Star Quality Measure rating & 4 Stars overall.
Location: We are next door to a church & school, we are situation in a quiet area that is 1.5 miles from I-80; very easy to commute to.
Receptionist: officially we title this job a Receptionist, but in other centers it may be called a Guest Services Coordinator or Desk Clerk.
What you will do:
- Greet all visitors, residents and staff upon entering or exiting the facility.
- Maintain employee personnel records in accordance with State and Federal Regulation and as assigned by supervisor.
- Answer phones and take accurate messages for all facility staff and residents.
- Complete human resource tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete resident trust fund duties as assigned by Administrator
- Develop, implement and maintain ongoing Quality Improvement programs to consistently monitor, measure and/or evaluate the quality of reception services.
- Act as the initial contact for all visitors and provide assistance as needed.
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
What we need from you:
- Previous experience as a Receptionist is preferred but not required
- Scheduling experience is a plus!
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a good speaking voice and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members,
- visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and the willingness to work harmoniously with other
- Must be physically capable of effectively hearing, seeing and speaking.
- Must be able to physically and emotionally assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!