Activity / Activities Aide - Day Shift
- 2230 McDonough St, Joliet, IL 60436, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activities Aide
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Day Shift (7am-3pm)
- Name of Location/Facility: Joliet Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
Activity Aide/ Activities Aide
- Start Date: within the next few weeks
- Salary: $11.00/hour + benefits
- Status: Full-time or part-time shifts
- Shifts: 8:00am - 4:00 pm with every other weekend rotation
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Joliet Terrace is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that has 120 Medicaid beds, proudly serving the behavioral/psych population – with a 5 Star Quality Measure rating & 4 Stars overall.
Location: We are next door to a church & school, we are situation in a quiet area that is 1.5 miles from I-80; a very easy to commute.
Activity Aide/ Activities Aide: officially we title this job an Activities Aide, but in other centers it may be called an Activity Aide / Activities Assistant / Life Enrichment Coordinator.
- Responsible for the ongoing developing and implementation of an activities program designed to meet the social, psychosocial and therapeutic needs of nursing home residents.
- Assists the Activity Director in the planning, development and implementation of recreational and structured group.
- Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
What we need from you:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year experience working with the mentally impaired in an Activity Department or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!