Dietary Cook / Line Cook - 11 am - 7 pm
- 2230 McDonough St, Joliet, IL 60436, USA
- Department: Dietary
- Job Title: Cook
- Status of Employment: Full Time or Part Time
- Shift Type: Afternoons/Evenings
- Name of Location/Facility: Joliet Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: $11.00/hour + benefits
- Schedule: PM shift
- Shift: Days (11am - 7pm ) with every other weekend rotation (3+ shifts per week)
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Joliet Terrace is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that has 120 Medicaid beds, proudly serving the behavioral/psych population – with a 5 Star Quality Measure rating & 4 Stars overall.
Location: We are next door to a church & school, we are situation in a quiet area that is 1.5 miles from I-80; a very easy to commute.
Dietary Cook / Line Cook: officially we title this job a Dietary Cook, but in other centers it may be called a Chef / Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook.
Essential job duties:
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation & serving of food. Supervise staff when dietary management is not in facility. Communicate well with Dietary Manager
- Prepare & cook foods according to standardized recipes in the correct amount needed. Prepare main entrée, vegetable and required meat textures.
- Be efficient in operating cooking equipment. Report need for equipment repair to dietary management.
- Remain current in food preparation, modified diets, sanitation & meal service.
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
What you will need:
- Ideally one (or more) year(s) of experience with food production in a healthcare or central kitchen setting
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal history background check
- Food Handlers certificate/ Food Sanitation License preferred
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!