Activity / Activities Aide - Day or PM Shift
- 100 Belle Aire Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Activities Aide
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days & PMs
- Name of Location/Facility: Kankakee Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
Activity / Activities Aide
- Start Date: Within 1-2 weeks of acceptance
- Salary: $12.10/hour + benefits
- Schedule: Day or PM Shift / Full-time
- Shifts available: 9:00 am -5:00 pm with an every other weekend rotation or 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, with an every other weekend rotation
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Kankakee Terrace is a Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) that has 146 beds and provides rehabilitative treatment to individuals seeking to recover from their illness. The Administrator often says, “Our focus is recovery and rehabilitation”.
Location: The center is 2 miles from I-57 and just down the street from Snowbarger Athletic Park (& the former Bears Training Camp). It’s an easy commute.
Activities Aide: officially we title this job an Activities Aide, but in other centers it may be called an Activity Aide, Life Enrichment Aide
- Responsible for the ongoing developing and implementation of an activities program designed to meet the social, psychosocial and therapeutic needs of nursing home residents.
- Assists the Director in the planning, development and implementation of recreational and structured group.
- Duties will involve personal contact with a varying resident population and a varied work schedule.
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
Activity / Activities Aide
What we need from you:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year experience working with the elderly and the physically and/or mentally impaired in an Activity Department, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!