Certified Activity / Activities Director
- 4020 E New York St, Aurora, IL 60504, USA
- Department: Activities
- Job Title: Certified Occupation Therapist Assistant (COTA)
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Afternoons/Evenings
- Name of Location/Facility: Thrive of Fox Valley
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
Job title: Activity / Activities Director
Start Date: within the next 3 weeks
Salary: starting salary based on prior experience & credentials
- This is a 32 hours, 5 days per week position
- we do require an intermittent weekend rotation
- Schedule: 2pm-8:30pm
Thrive of Fox Valley is a brand new 68 bed Transitional Care facility. We solely focus on the short term patient population and do not have memory care or longer term care patients. We have a large in-house therapy team and most of our patients go home after (or before) 14 days. Our new caters to the needs of this motivated population with larger beds, nicer linens, fine dining cuisine (we even have a brick oven for pizzas) … all in a tastefully designed modern décor. Please check out our website (thriveahead.com) or the video link below for a virtual tour.
Location: We are located across the street from the Fox Valley Mall and very easy to commute to via Hwy 59.
NOTE: we have a second identical facility in Lisle.
Job title: in some centers this is called an Activity / Activities Director. In our facility this is called an Events Coordinator.
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes way beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
What we need from you:
- * Certified Activity / Activities Director in IL
- * Experience with short term rehab patient caseload and focusing on exercise and physical rehab events.
- * Skilled at engaging patients to participate in their rehab and motivating them to go home.
- * a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a post-acute/inpatient rehab setting
- * Technologically savvy — we use PCC & Optima and have a paperless environment
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!