Payroll / HR Coordinator - Healthcare Facility
- 100 Belle Aire Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, USA
- Department: Administration
- Job Title: Crew Chief
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Kankakee Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
HR / Payroll Coordinator / HR Crew Chief / Payroll Specialist
- Start Date: Within 1-2 weeks of acceptance
- Salary: Starting salary is $47k per year + benefits
- Schedule: Days
- Shift: Monday-Friday with Manager on Duty (MOD) weekend rotations
Transitional Care Management has 12 different locations throughout Chicagoland.
- Multiple centers give you the opportunity for advancement. In fact, 16 of our current DONs & ADONs were promoted from within.
- The culture that surrounds us is one of great patient care, and has the feeling of true support by those who work beside you.
- You have direct access to our executive team via our “iCare Line”, so you can openly express concerns or compliments.
Kankakee Terrace is a Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) that has 146 beds and provides rehabilitative treatment to individuals seeking to recover from their illness. The Administrator often says, “Our focus is recovery and rehabilitation”.
Location: The center is 2 miles from I-57 and just down the street from Snowbarger Athletic Park (& the former Bears Training Camp). It’s an easy commute.
HR / Payroll Coordinator: officially we title this job an HR Crew Chief, but in other centers it may be called an HR Generalist, Payroll Specialist, or HR Coordinator
We are seeking candidates with prior entry level experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) or Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) as either an HR/Payroll Clerk or Coordinator
You will operate as the first line of assistance to employees within the center; supporting operations, department heads and employees alike.
This is a front-line administrative position. You will coordinate the timely completion of payroll, on-boarding and orientation of new employees, while implementing corporate HR programs.
A sample list of the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Payroll: Responsible for monitoring and processing facility payroll, including: Generating and editing daily punch detail reports; Entering any special shift bonus’, sick, vacation, and holiday hours; Processing any changes (New Hires or Separations…), union payroll/dues
- Answering general benefit & policy questions
- Enters and trains new employees into the payroll and time clock system.
- Maintains I-9 forms and other required documents
- Maintains employee personnel files, and conduct quarterly audits on each file for Federal and State required materials
- Posts hourly positions in ATS, schedules interviews and on-boards all new employees
- Completes reference checks, background checks and verifies licenses for our healthcare providers
- As well as other administrative tasks….
What’s in it for you:
- High quality standards; in fact, many of our centers have a 5-star quality rating
- Employee recognition & referral programs
- Annual merit increase opportunities
- We focus on building relationships with our residents and families. In time, you may feel like they are your family too.
- Our Activities/Events department goes beyond bingo. We focus on the individual patient and as a result they are more engaged with you.
What our employees may say to you (excerpts from our employee survey):
- “I feel like I make a difference here.”
- “People here are willing to give a little extra to get the job done right.”
- “When I look at what we accomplished, I feel a sense of pride.”
HR / Payroll Coordinator
What we need from you:
- Education: Associates or Bachelor Degree or Technical Degree in Accounting or HR preferred
- Prior experience working in a skilled nursing / healthcare facility
- Experience: 2-3 years in payroll processing, including unions
- Experience with HR administrative duties
- Experience with workers compensation and unemployment claims
- Must be willing to work Manager on Duty (MOD) weekend rotations
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
- Virtual interviews, utilizing ‘video chat’ apps and software
- Temperature screenings and routine health checks
- And more …
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again!