Admissions Coordinator - Skilled Nursing Facility
- 1615 Sunset Ave, Waukegan, IL 60087, USA
- Department: Admissions
- Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: The Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
About the facility:
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
· During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
The Terrace has 115 beds & multiple levels of care, including a growing short term rehab unit – and a 4 Star Quality Measure rating.
Location: We are located in a residential area, dotted with businesses and close to the Glen Flora Country Club and parks. 7 miles east of Great America (Hwy 94) and easy access to Highways 131 & 137.
PPE: No PPE Shortages here! We have PPE (including N95 & Surgical masks) for our team members. Join us and we’ll keep you protected!
*Join us and love what you do again.
- Start Date: ASAP, within 2-3 weeks
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00 - 4:30 (or similar schedule) with some evening/weekend flexibility needed.
- Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience + benefits
- Provide clients (prospective residents, their families and referral sources) with facility and program specific information via community outreach and networking, facility video tours, personal visits and presentations.
- Evaluate and assess potential patients for clinical appropriateness
- Pre-authorization paperwork and ability to calculate Medicare days
- Coordinate the admissions process and ensure appropriate placement & admission documentation.
What we need from you:
- Prior experience as an admissions coordinator in a Intermediate Care Facility, Specialized Mental Health Rehab Facility or Skilled Nursing Facility is required; Experience in related field such as social services is preferred
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Experience with Point Click Care (PCC) is preferred
- Working knowledge of federal & state regulations, along with reimbursement & insurance verification experience (Managed Care, Medicare & private insurances) is preferred
- Presents a polished, professional image
- Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
Other common titles that another facility may use for this position may be: admissions coordinator, admissions counselor, Dir of admissions (director of admissions), intake coordinator, admissions liaison, hospital transitions coordinator
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.