- 13301 Central Ave, Crestwood, IL 60445, USA
- Department: Dietary
- Job Title: Chef/Cook
- Status of Employment: Full Time or Part Time
- Shift Type: As assigned
- Name of Location/Facility: Crestwood Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Represented Position. Union membership requirements will be applied as per the current Union Contract with this center.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) as of 9/1/2019. Our goal is a focus on quality care and excellent customer service for the staff & the patients alike. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
· During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Crestwood Terrace has 126 beds and is providing patient care to the mentally ill/behavior population (ages 21 and up). We have a 5 Star Quality Measure rating and an engaging family-like team.
Location: This beautiful spot is across the street from a forest preserve and only 3 minutes from the 294/Cicero exit.
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation & serving of food. Supervise staff when dietary management is not in facility. Communicate well with Dietary Manager
- Prepare & cook foods according to standardized recipes in the correct amount needed. Prepare main entrée, vegetable and required meat textures.
- Be efficient in operating cooking equipment. Report need for equipment repair to dietary management.
- Remain current in food preparation,modified diets, sanitation & meal service.
- Food Handlers certificate/ Food Sanitation License preferred
- Prior cooking experience in an Assisted Living or Long Term Care Environment in the Food Service/Dietary areas preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- Join us and love what you do again.