Payroll / Accounts Payable Clerk - *Healthcare Facility
- 100 Belle Aire Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914, USA
- Department: Administration
- Job Title: AP/Payroll Associate
- Status of Employment: Full Time
- Shift Type: Days
- Name of Location/Facility: Kankakee Terrace
- Represented position?: This is a Non-Union position.
About the facility:
Under new leadership: Transitional Care Management (TCM) now manages this Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) as of 9/1/2019. The goal of the facility is to prepare individuals to return to a more independent setting or return home with their families. While we have many team members that have been with the center for several years, we are expanding.
· During the interview, you may hear: ‘You can expect to be busy, and time will fly by on your shift, but you will go home knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.’
Kankakee Terrace has 146 beds and we provided rehabilitative treatment to individuals seeking to recover from their illness. The Administrator often says, “Our focus is recovery and rehabilitation”.
Location: The center is 2 miles from I-57 and just down the street from Snowbarger Athletic Park (& the former Bears Training Camp). It’s an easy commute.
*Join us and love what you do again.
We are seeking candidates with prior entry level experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) or Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) as either an HR/Payroll or Accounts Payable Clerk or Coordinator
You will operate as the first line of assistance to employees within the center; supporting operations, department heads and employees alike.
This is a front-line administrative position. You will coordinate the timely completion of payroll, on-boarding and orientation of new employees, while implementing corporate HR programs. You will also coordinate the accounts payable for the center as well.
Start Date: Within 1-2 weeks of acceptance
Salary: Starting salary is $47k per year + benefit package
Hours: Monday-Friday with Manager on Duty (MOD) weekend rotations
A sample list of the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- * Payroll: Responsible for monitoring and processing facility payroll, including: Generating and editing daily punch detail reports; Entering any special shift bonus’, sick, vacation, and holiday hours; Processing any changes (New Hires or Separations…), union payroll/dues
- * Accounts Payable - processing payables
- * Answering general benefit & policy questions
- * Enters and trains new employees into the payroll and time clock system.
- * Maintains I-9 forms and other required documents
- * Maintains employee personnel files, and conduct quarterly audits on each file for Federal and State required materials
- * Posts hourly positions in ATS, schedules interviews and on-boards new employees
- * Completes reference checks, background checks and verifies licenses for our healthcare providers
- * As well as other administrative tasks….
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will perform other related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Education: Associates or Bachelor Degree or Technical Degree in Accounting or HR preferred
- Prior experience working in a skilled nursing / healthcare facility
- Experience: 2-3 years in payroll processing, including unions
- Experience with Accounts Payable and HR administrative duties
- Experience with workers compensation and unemployment claims
- Point Click Care (PCC) billing system experience preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
- *Join us and love what you do again.